As a chemist, your job is to make
deadly nerve gas medicine for your crew. The most important machines for your profession are a Chemical Dispenser and the ChemMaster4000.
Since the 4 usual damage types are Brute, Burn, Airloss and Toxin, you will need to create cures for all of them as well as for blood loss, the most common being:
For more info, see the list of chemicals.
To use it, you need to:
- Click on it with a beaker to put a it in. (Note that if it already has a beaker inside, it will swap it with the one in your hand);
- Open the chemical dispenser's GUI;
- Select the amount (u) to add to the beaker;
- Select the chemical you want to add to the beaker. (Note that the chemicals will react instantly)
- Load in a container, similarly to how you do it with a Chemical Dispenser;
- If you want to make a pill/bottle:
- Add the chemicals to the buffer. ("All" adds everything in the beaker, "5" adds 5u, "10" adds 10u etc.);
- Change the label if necessary. Personally, I like to add the dose (e.g. 50u);
- If you're making pills, set the pill's visual appearance. I prefer to make it similar to the color of the chemical;
- Set the amount of pills/bottles you want to create. The dose will be u in buffer divided by the number of pills, but not more than the specified maximum (stated to the right of the "Create" button);
- Hit the create button.
- If you want to get rid of the chemical in the buffer:
- Select either transfer (moves chemical to inserted container) or discard (gets rid of the chemical completely);
- Select the amount to transfer/discard.
After making pills, you can (and probably should) put them into a pill canister. I recommend using the labeller (the one you start with) to name them and avoid confusion. (Though the labeller is a bit buggy and sometimes doesn't work first try)
This should be the basics you need to know to get started. Don't hesitate to look at the Chemistry page if you forget a recipe. Have fun! :)