- Access: Bar, Maintenance, Service
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duties: Serve drinks, look after the bar, host events
- Supervisors: Head of Personnel
- Subordinates: None
- Guides: List of Drinks
As a bartender, you relax and prevent your crew from suffering from thirst. A thirsty crewmember will walk slower than normal which in an emergency can be lethal. It is your top priority to ensure that there are always available drinks at your bar for those that want a quick topup. Refilling empty soda cans and teacups can be used by a thrifty barkeep if rowdy customers destroy your glass tableware. It's also your responsibility to lend a listening ear and a friendly face to those in need.
The most important machines for your job are Booze-O-Mat and Booze & Soda Dispenser. You also receive a trusty double-barrelled shotgun, which you can use to keep the bar peaceful.
Remember to use the Radio to work closely with the crew.
Booze-O-Mat is a simple vending machine with glasses, shakers and pre-made drinks. You can dispense a couple fancy looking bottles of drinks to set them on the table. Though don't get too lazy and remember to still brew a couple drinks!
This machine whilst it contains finite items, can be restocked via a Booze-O-Mat restock box that Cargo can purchase.
Booze & Soda Dispenser
Booze and soda dispensers dispense booze and soda! They accept glasses, shakers and beakers.
Load a dispenser by clicking on it with a container, open the GUI by clicking it again, and there you go! You can add whatever you want to the glass, similar to how you do it with a Chemical Dispenser. Recipes for more complicated drinks can be found here.
Popular Alcoholic Drinks
- Adds 0.05 ethanol.
An alcoholic beverage made from malted grains, hops, yeast, and water.
Seems to be bubbly.
- Adds 0.2 ethanol.
A strong and mildly flavoured, mexican produced spirit.
Seems to be strong-smelling.
- Adds 0.25 ethanol.
Artisanal homemade liquor. What could go wrong?
Seems to be strong-smelling.
- Carrot juice - eye damage healing
- The doctor's delight - minor curative for blunt/brute/toxin/airloss
- Beepsky smash - cure Robovirus
- Banana Honk - cure AMV virus
- Hydroponics can supply you raw ingredients such as tomatoes. You get an unlimited supply of some juices in your machines.
- Medical can supply you tricordrazine. Pills can be turned into liquid at several machines however they have limited capacity. Try lending a Drinking Glass to the Chemists instead.
- Chef can supply you milk if they have a Cow
Things to keep in mind
- You have a shotgun. Don't be afraid to use it if someone is disturbing the peace. Make sure to know whether you have lethal or non-lethal rounds loaded in.
- Cooperate with the Chef.
- For more complicated drinks you might require supplies from other departments. Don't be afraid to ask your fellow crewmates to deliver you whatever you might need for that special beverage!
- Don't be afraid to refurbish the bar to crew's liking and add a couple fancy things within reason, like a stage with a piano, couple extra tables with chairs or conveyor belts for food.
- Particularly savvy bartenders can use a bucket to brew larger or more precise amounts of drinks. You can't put it in the dispenser, but you can pour things into it.
Don't forget to have fun - play chess with your customers, host a boxing match, play live music via a MIDI instrument, get everyone drunk - there are numerous things to do and you shouldn't only focus on making drinks. Good luck :)